Warming socks treatment
The warming socks treatment is recommended at the first sign of any congestion in the ears, eyes, sinuses, throat and/or lungs. It is helpful in sore throats, neck pain, ear infections, headaches, migraines, upper respiratory infections, coughs, bronchitis, and sinus infections.
The warming socks treatment works best if it is repeated a number of nights in a row. Repeat the treatment for as many nights as necessary to improve the initial condition.
- 1 pair white cotton socks
- 1 pair thick wool socks
- Warm bath or warm foot bath
- Warm feet first. This is very important, as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful. Warming can be accomplished by soaking in warm water for 5-10 minutes or taking a warm bath or shower.
- Take the pair of cotton socks and get them wet with cold water. Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly so that they do not drip.
- Place cold wet socks on feet. Cover with thick dry wool socks. Go to bed. Avoid getting chilled.
- Keep the socks on overnight. The wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning.
Effects of the Warming Socks Treatment:
This treatment works to reflexively increase the circulation and decrease congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head and throat. It has a sedating action and many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment. This treatment is also effective for pain relief and increases the healing response during acute infections.